Ahoura font family designed by Naghi Naghashian was developed considering specific research and analysis on Arabic characters and definition of their structure.
The Ahoura innovation is a contribution to modernisation of Arabic typography; gives the Arabic font letters real typographic arrangement and provides for more typographic flexibility. This step was necessary after more than two hundred years of relative stagnation in Arabic font design. Ahoura supports Arabic, Persian, and Urdu and includes proportional and tabular numerals for the supported languages. The Ahoura Font family is available in three weights; Light, Regular and Bold. Each has two different styles– normal and italic.
Ahoura is the first real italic Arabic typeface known until now and its intuitive design arrangement fulfils the following needs:
– It is precisely crafted for use in electronic media and it fulfils the demands of electronic communication. Ahoura is not based on any pre-digital typefaces and it is not a revival. Rather, its forms were created with today’s ever-changing technology in mind.
– Ahoura is suitable for multiple applications, and gives the widest potential for acceptability.
– It is extremely legible not only in its small sizes, but also when the type is filtered or skewed, e.g., in Photoshop or Illustrator. Ahoura’s simplified forms may be artificially obliqued with In Design or Illustrator, without any degradation of its quality for the effected text.
– Ahoura is an eye-catching and classy typographic image that developed for multiple languages and writing conventions.
– Ahoura uses the very highest degree of geometric clarity along with the necessary amount of calligraphic references. The Ahoura typeface is of a high vibration that is finely balance between calligraphic tradition and the contemporary sans serif aesthetic commonly seen in Latin typography.
Designers: Naghi Naghashian
Publisher: Naghi Naghashian