Parsi font family is designed by Naghi Naghashian. This font is developed on the basis of specific research and analysis on Arabic characters and definition of their structure. This innovation is a contribution to modernization of Arabic typography, gives the font design of Arabic letters real typographic arrangement and provides more typographic flexibility. This step was necessary after more than two hundred years of relative stagnation in Arabic font design. Parsi supports Arabic, Persian, and Urdu. It also includes proportional and tabular numerals for the supported languages. Parsi Font is available in Light, Regular and Bold.
Parsi design fulfills the following needs:
– Explicitly crafted for use in electronic media fulfills the demands of electronic communication. Parsi is not based on any pre-digital typefaces. It is not a revival. Rather, its forms were created with today’s technology in mind.
– Suitability for multiple applications. Gives the widest potential acceptability.
– Extreme legibility not only in small sizes, but also when the type is filtered or skewed, e.g., in Photoshop or Illustrator. Parsi’s simplified forms may be artificial obliqued in InDesign or Illustrator, without any loss in quality for the effected text.
– An attractive typographic image. Parsi was developed for multiple languages and writing conventions.
– The highest degree of geometric clarity and the necessary amount of calligraphic references. This typeface offers a fine balance between calligraphic tradition and the contemporary sans serif aesthetic now common in Latin typography.
Designers: Naghi Naghashian
Publisher: Naghi Naghachian