Apadana font is a new creation of Naghi Naghashian.
This typeface offers a fine balance between calligraphic tradition and the contemporary sans serif aesthetic now common in Latin typography.
Apadana design fulfills the following needs:
– Explicitly crafted for use in electronic media fulfills the demands of electronic communication. Apadana is not based on any pre-digital typefaces. It is not a revival. Rather, its forms were created with today’s technology in mind.
– Suitability for multiple applications. Gives the widest potential acceptability.
– Extreme legibility not only in small sizes, but also when the type is filtered or skewed, e.g., in Photoshop or Illustrator. Apadana’s simplified forms may be artificial obliqued in InDesign or Illustrator, without any loss in quality for the effected text.
– An attractive typographic image. Apadana was developed for multiple languages and writing conventions. Apadana supports Arabic, Persian, and Urdu. It also includes proportional and tabular numerals for the supported languages.
– The highest degree of geometric clarity and the necessary amount of calligraphic references.
Designers: Naghi Naghashian
Publisher: Naghi Naghachian